Debut of Copilot:
Microsoft has pulled the curtain back on its long-awaited Copilot for Windows, at their event in New York. This new AI assistant is slated to be a part of Windows 11 starting September 26th, accompanying numerous other features in the Windows 11 23H2 update. However, Copilot isn’t just limited to Windows; it has been integrated across multiple Microsoft products, including Edge and Microsoft 365.
Capabilities and Features:
Like Bing Chat, Copilot addresses various queries, whether it’s whipping up a new recipe or planning trips. Its integration with Windows offers unparalleled benefits:
- Handwrite math equations to get instant solutions.
- Snap a photo of mathematical graphs and receive the answers.
- Extract details such as flight timings directly from your mobile device.
- Enhanced user experience with improvements like refined copy-paste functions and better app interfacing.
AI’s Expanded Role in Windows 11:
Microsoft isn’t halting at Copilot. Windows 11 will see a surge of AI features. Notable among them is the background eraser in Paint, which singles out the photo’s main subject. Additionally, the revamped Snipping Tool can now detect and copy text from screenshots. This update also brings an enhanced File Explorer, RGB lighting controls, and other refinements.
Enterprise Integration of Copilot:
Microsoft is set to extend Copilot’s brilliance to Microsoft 365 from November 1st, specifically targeting enterprise clients. Here’s what’s in store:
- Microsoft 365 Chat: A state-of-the-art enterprise chatbot equipped to aid decision-making and problem-solving.
Personalized Email Drafting: The “Sound Like Me” feature in Outlook crafts emails mirroring your style and tone.
- Copilot Lab: A space dedicated to fostering AI-aligned work habits, enhancing prompt quality, and enabling prompt sharing among users.
- Microsoft Designer Integration: Generate designs using plain language prompts, with the option to further customize. This feature will also be a part of Bing chat.
- Clipchamp Upgrade: The tool can now auto-produce videos based on provided clips.
Use of Dall-E 3:
In the same breath, Microsoft announced that Bing Image Designer will soon be utilizing Dall-E 3, hinting at richer and more intuitive design capabilities.