- 1 Introduction
- 2 What is ChatGPT used for?
- 3 ChatGPT Examples: Getting Started
- 4 ChatGPT Examples For Student Help
- 4.1 1. ChatGPT Demo of Writing School Essay
- 4.2 2. ChatGPT Explains Black Holes Like I am 5 Years Old
- 4.3 3. ChatGPT Example of Solving Maths Problem
- 4.4 4. ChatGPT Solves English Comprehension
- 4.5 5. ChatGPT Answers Chemistry Question from IIT Paper
- 4.6 6. Logical Reasoning Abilities of ChatGPT
- 4.7 7. Verbal Reasoning Abilities of ChatGPT
- 5 ChatGPT Examples of Content Creation
- 6 ChatGPT Demos For Productivity
- 6.1 1. ChatGPT Demo of Drafting an Email
- 6.2 2. Changing Informal E-mail into Formal
- 6.3 3. Correcting English Spelling & Grammar with ChatGPT
- 6.4 4. Generating Celebrity Interview Question Ideas
- 6.5 5. ChatGPT Can Write Legal Will
- 6.6 6. ChatGPT Creates English Comprehension Question
- 6.7 7. ChatGPT Example of Book Summarization
- 6.8 8. Writing Cold Emails with ChatGPT
- 6.9 9. Writing Job Description with ChatGPT
- 6.10 10. Generating Exotic Description with ChatGPT
- 6.11 11. Creating Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with ChatGPT
- 6.12 12. Generating Company Taglines with ChatGPT
- 7 ChatGPT Demos For Coding
- 7.1 1. ChatGPT Demo of Writing SQL Queries
- 7.2 2. ChatGPT Demo of Python Competitive Coding
- 7.3 3. ChatGPT Example of Fixing Code
- 7.7 7. Converting XML to JSON
- 7.8 8. Creating Crontab Entries with ChatGPT
- 8 ChatGPT Examples of Image Generation
- 9 Conclusion
OpenAI, the leading research institute in the field of artificial intelligence, recently unveiled the free preview version of its latest language model: ChatGPT on 30th November 2022. And within a week it got more than a million registration and quickly the ChatGPT demos and examples went viral online. ChatGPT is specifically designed for conversational tasks and is based on the GPT-3.5 language model, which is one of the largest and most advanced language models in the world. This means that it is able to generate text that is natural, fluent, and follows the context and flow of a conversation.
What is ChatGPT used for?
ChatGPT is a dialogue-based language model designed for generating human-like text in response to user input. This makes it well-suited for a wide range of applications, including chatbot development, natural language processing, and text generation.
Some examples of tasks that ChatGPT can be used for include:
- Generating responses to user input in a chatbot or virtual assistant.
- Generating text in a chat-like style, such as simulating a conversation between two people.
- Generating personalized responses to user input, such as by using user-specific information to generate more relevant and accurate responses.
ChatGPT is also able to maintain a conversation by generating responses that are relevant to the previous input and continue the conversation in a natural way. For example, you could start a conversation with ChatGPT by asking it a question, and it would respond with a relevant answer. It can be followed by another question or comment to continue the conversation and ChatGPT will respond along with it.
- Also Read – 21 OpenAI GPT-3 Demos and Examples to Convince You that AI Threat is Real
- Also Read – GPT-4 Demos and Examples That Will Leave You Speechless
ChatGPT Examples: Getting Started
In this section, we will cover the very basics of ChatGPT with the help of examples.
1. Conversational Demo of ChatGPT
Let us first see a demo of how ChatGPT can carry out a conversation with continuation like a personal assistant. We first asked an initial question about Donald Trump, and after getting the answer we followed up with more questions without explicitly mentioning Trump’s name again. ChatGPT understood that we are continuing the topic and it answered accordingly. This conversational style of interaction is one of the biggest USPs of ChatGPT.
2. Asking General Knowledge Questions from ChatGPT
Just like Google Search or any other search engine, you can ask ChatGPT general knowledge questions, and it can give you its answer. Here we asked a GK question on Dinosaur and got the right response back.
3. Example of ChatGPT Limitation
From the previous example, it may look like that ChatGPT can give you answers like Google. But the current version of ChatGPT is trained on data till 2021 only, hence it does not know much about the current affairs after 2021. This is evident from the below example where it returns the wrong current CEO of Twitter.
This example also answers the question can ChatGPT replace Google Search, this is simply not possible because Google Search can give you more up-to-date factually accurate answers which ChatGPT cannot, due to its knowledge limitation till 2021.
4. Can ChatGPT replace Google Search
In this example, we actually asked can ChatGPT replace Google Search and it also confirms back that it is not possible. ChatGPT cannot replace Google Search because Google Search is a search engine (information retrieval system) while ChatGPT is a language model (trained on data till 2021) that is designed to give answers based on input prompt.
5. All Limitations of ChatGPT
In this example, we asked ChatGPT itself to list down all its limitations.
ChatGPT Examples For Student Help
In this section, we will see some ChatGPT examples where it can be used by students to get help. The extent to which students can easily solve many of their homework assignments with ChatGPT is a growing concern among schools and colleges now. This may be reduced in the future once OpenAI puts the entire ChatGPT behind a paywall or puts limitations on free usage.
1. ChatGPT Demo of Writing School Essay
In this demo, we generated a school essay of 500-600 words on the “Importance of Green Energy”.
2. ChatGPT Explains Black Holes Like I am 5 Years Old
In this example, we asked ChatGPT to explain black holes like I am 5 years old. And it does a pretty good job with its answer. We further follow it up with another question asking how many black holes are there in the universe and again it gives back a good reply.
3. ChatGPT Example of Solving Maths Problem
Are you looking for some guide to solve your maths homework? Don’t worry ChatGPT can solve it for you. However, be careful about its correctness as evident in our example below. If you look closely at the first question, although ChatGPT chose the right approach to solve the maths problem, instead of finding the value of x+1 it calculated the value of x, hence arriving at the wrong answer. However, apart from this small miss, it was able to solve the other two problems correctly.
4. ChatGPT Solves English Comprehension
In this demo, we give ChatGPT an English comprehension problem and ask it to answer the questions after going through the paragraph. Amazingly it not only gives the right answer but also gives an explanation about it.
5. ChatGPT Answers Chemistry Question from IIT Paper
In this example, we asked ChatGPT a multiple-choice question on Chemistry from an IIT paper and it gave the right answer with proper reasoning.
6. Logical Reasoning Abilities of ChatGPT
In this example, we gave ChatGPT a problem of logical reasoning from a competitive exam paper. It was able to derive the right answer with step-by-step logical reasoning.
7. Verbal Reasoning Abilities of ChatGPT
In this demo, we gave ChatGPT two verbal reasoning questions from the aptitude paper of a competitive exam. Again it was able to solve the answer with proper steps and reasoning.
ChatGPT Examples of Content Creation
Content creation is going to be the biggest market of ChatGPT as we already saw with GPT-3 revolutionizing AI Writing tools in the last couple of years. In this section, we will cover content creation demos of ChatGPT.
1. ChatGPT Example of Writing a Blog Article
After the massive success of GPT-3, it should not come as a surprise to you that ChatGPT can write really good blog articles based on prompts. In this example, we give it a prompt to write a blog post on “How to deal with Office Politics and Come Out Winner” under 600 words, and it really writes a very impressive article.
2. Generating Article Title Ideas
Often people struggle to come up with a catchy blog article title that can have a high chance of clicks by users. You can use ChatGPT to generate title ideas as shown below with a small sample article as input-
3. Generating Meta Description
The meta description is a very important part of SEO to help your blogs rank higher in Google search results. You can take some meta description ideas from ChatGPT as shown below.
4. Generating Blog Ideas with ChatGPT
Do you struggle to find new topic ideas for your blog? Don’t worry, you can not only get new keyword ideas from ChatGPT but also its title, meta description, and difficulty level.
5. Creating YouTube Script with ChatGPT
Are you running out of ideas/research for writing a script for your next YouTube video? ChatGPT can also help you to generate a script if you give it a topic. Of course, the script may not be ready to use, but it can serve as a base for you to write the YouTube script.
6. Content Spinning/Rewriting with ChatGPT
Spinning a piece of content means generating a new unique version of text where the underlying meaning remains the same but the English wordings have been changed. ChatGPT can be a great tool to rewrite the content as shown below.
7. Create a New Song with ChatGPT
ChatGPT is creative enough to write a brand new song for your occasion. Here we asked it to write a song on the occasion of the 100th Birthday of our grandmother, and it actually wrote pretty good lyrics for the song.
ChatGPT Demos For Productivity
ChatGPT can be a great tool for most working professionals to increase their productivity in their day-to-day work. Below are some demos –
1. ChatGPT Demo of Drafting an Email
How many of you struggle to put your thoughts into a formal mail? Don’t worry ChatGPT is there to help you. In this demo, we gave a scenario to ChatGPT and ask it to convert it into a formal mail to the boss. Honestly, it drafted the mail more beautifully than most humans can write.
2. Changing Informal E-mail into Formal
This is another example where you can review your e-mail content with ChatGPT to bring a more formal tone to it, every time you send an e-mail.
3. Correcting English Spelling & Grammar with ChatGPT
Do you struggle to write grammatically correct English grammar or worry about spelling mistakes? Don’t worry you can use ChatGPT to correct these issues in your English text as shown in the below example.
4. Generating Celebrity Interview Question Ideas
In this example, we simply prompted ChatGPT to help us with some interview question ideas that we can ask Elon Musk. This can be useful if you are a journalist and you have to interview an old famous personality about their life experiences.
5. ChatGPT Can Write Legal Will
In this example, we asked ChatGPT to create a legal will by letting it know the distribution of wealth between the family member.
6. ChatGPT Creates English Comprehension Question
Imagine you are an English teacher, then you can easily use ChatGPT to create English Comprehension questions for your students as shown in the below example.
7. ChatGPT Example of Book Summarization
If you don’t have much time, you can use ChatGPT to generate a summary of well-known famous books and literature. This can save you a lot of time.
In this example, we asked ChatGPT to summarize the famous book Rich Dad and Poor Dad within 200 words and it did generate a good summary. You can try this with other famous books and literature out there.
8. Writing Cold Emails with ChatGPT
Are you an email marketer or business owner who wants to reach out to prospective clients with cold email? Then you can use ChatGPT to draft some really good cold emails with your requirements in the prompt as seen in the below example.
9. Writing Job Description with ChatGPT
Writing a detailed job description for an opening in your company can be tricky, and ChatGPT can come to your experience. In this demo, we asked ChatGPT to write a job description for hiring a content writer with a couple of lines of description. It elaborated it into a wonderful job description.
10. Generating Exotic Description with ChatGPT
In good restaurants, you would have seen exotic descriptions of dishes on their menu card. In this example of ChatGPT, we asked it to generate exotic descriptions of some regular Indian dishes, and the output was amazing.
11. Creating Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with ChatGPT
Usually, when companies work with other companies or contractors they make them sign Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to prevent any leakage of confidential information in public. In this example of ChatGPT, we asked it to create an NDA for a Company that has hired a freelancer to develop a mobile app. It generated a very detailed ready-to-use NDA draft, which is quite impressive.
12. Generating Company Taglines with ChatGPT
In this demo of ChatGPT, we asked it to create a few tagline options for a hypothetical fashion brand “Rust”, and it generated some really cool taglines.
ChatGPT Demos For Coding
GPT-3 had created quite a buzz in the coding community a couple of years back and it was later incorporated into Copilot by GitHub. So it should not come as a surprise that ChatGPT can also write astonishingly correct code for you.
However, as we experienced, at times ChatGPT can confidently write wrong or incomplete code so you need to give better prompts or regenerate the answer to arrive at the right code that works.
Below are some really cool coding demos of ChatGPT.
1. ChatGPT Demo of Writing SQL Queries
In this demo, we pass a table structure to ChatGPT and ask it to write SQL queries around it and it does the job really well.
2. ChatGPT Demo of Python Competitive Coding
For this example, we gave ChatGPT a hard Python Coding problem from the coding platform Edabit. We then submitted the code generated by ChatGPT to Edabit and it passed all test cases. It was quite impressive.
3. ChatGPT Example of Fixing Code
In this example, we again took a competitive code challenge from Edabit and purposefully introduced a bug in the code. ChatGPT was able to fix the code that passed all test cases successfully.
7. Converting XML to JSON
As a coder, you are required to work with XML and JSON objects and at times you may be required to convert one format to another. You can easily do this by using ChatGPT as shown in the below example.
8. Creating Crontab Entries with ChatGPT
At times, it becomes very confusing how to create crontab entries for your required schedule run. ChatGPT can really make it easy for you as shown in the below demo, where it created a cron entry for a seemingly complex schedule –
ChatGPT Examples of Image Generation
Just like ChatGPT, which is based on GPT language models, there is another craze of AI Image Generation diffusion models like Stability.ai, DALL-E, and Mid-Journey that has captured the world’s imagination. In this section, we will see examples of creating image-generation prompts in ChatGPT and using it with Stability.ai to generate the image.
1. Example of Image Generation with ChatGPT
In this example, we asked ChatGPT to write a detailed prompt for generating an image of a beautiful old Chinese woman. Then we used its prompt inside Dream Studio of Stability.ai to generate the image that can be seen below.
2. Demo of Image Generation with ChatGPT
In this demo, we created an image prompt to visualize the Eifel tower in Egypt and then used it to generate the image. The output was really cool as seen below.
Hope you were left amazed by these ChatGPT demos and examples. Right now it is available freely by OpenAI for research purposes, however, it will be interesting to see how they will put pricing on ChatGPT in the near future. Till then have fun with ChatGPT.
In the example math problems, [A] #1 the given answer of “(b) -1” is wrong. The question asks what “x + 1 =” and NOT what x equals. Therefore, x is indeed -1 but the answer to the question is actually “(c) 0”
Never mind – your introductory passage already mentioned the ChatGPT error.